"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Busy, busy, busy.

I have been neglecting my blogging duties and for that, I apologize. The past few days have been packed and I am so exhausted by the time I get home. But things are going well. I've mostly just been training for my cast member position. I am working at Downtown Disney in the Art of Disney store, which is a wonderful art gallery. People come in and spend thousands of dollars sometimes. I had never seen the store before this week and my knowledge is being tested. You have to know a lot of information. I think I'm going to like it.
Some people have asked what I do on my days off, and it has been truly spectacular. While we get free admission to all the theme parks, I have not made my rounds just yet. I'll be here a while; I think I have plenty of time.
On Saturday I went with a few Merchandise girls to one of Disney's waterparks: Typhoon Lagoon!
Typhoon
Home to the world's largest wave pool. They have a beach and all kinds of slides, even a water coaster (which I was sure only existed in my dreams). We got to snorkel in a saltwater pool with tropical fish, sting rays, and baby sharks. Stayed long enough to get a tan.
Yesterday I started my Marketing You class. It's taught by this sassy black Florida native named Penny Hightower. She's crazy fun, and I think the class will go well. I met up with my friend Natalie from UVU in that class, as well as her roommate Megan and friend Ryan. They invited me to go to the beach with them since we had the day off. Of course, I said yes. It's the BEACH!
So I put on my swim suit and my brand new floppy sun hat, and we drove a little over an hour west to Clearwater, Florida. We ate at Skyline Chili, a Cincinnati hometown favorite of Ryan and Megan that's a little odd. Their most famous dish, the 3-Way, is basically spaghetti noodles topped with chili and a mountain of cheese. Weird, I know. But I was feeling adventurous and twas quite delicious.
IMG_1311
The rest of the day was spent in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Walking the beach, playing frisbee, watching the sunset, we even caught some sand dollars in the water! It was amazing. A perfect way to spend my one week Disney-versary.
IMG_1329
IMG_1316a
IMG_1326

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a wounderful time you are having. I hope you are enjoying every minute and please keep updating. Love Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete